A tailor can likely make an XL shirt into a Medium, but it will be cheaper & look better to just buy a Medium. If a Medium or Large are unavailable, be ready & willing to pay a lot to shrink it down properly, if it’s possible.
Can a tailor make a large shirt medium?
TheJRK said: The tailor can make the shirt a little smaller in fit, but it won’t be perfect. For instance, the tailor can make the shirt length shorter and he can make it fit a little tighter around your chest. The tailor cannot do anything for the shoulders though.
How many sizes can a shirt be altered?
Can a tailor size a shirt down two sizes? – Quora. Yes probably. It depends on the details in the style of the shirt. Typically, if a garment fits in the shoulders it can be tailored smaller everywhere else.
Can you tailor an oversized shirt?
If you have a button-down shirt or t-shirt that is too big for you, then you can alter your shirt to improve the fit. You can either use a shirt that fits you well as a guide, or you can pinch and pin the shirt to get the right fit.
Can clothes be tailored down a size?
It’s not recommended or sometimes even possible to alter anything more than one size — either down or up,” Tomashevskay said.
Can tailors shorten T shirts?
Tailors just charge a flat rate for “shirt” altering (i.e. dress shirt) services, but they lump T-shirt into that, too, because no one tailors T-shirts.
How do you make a big shirt look smaller?
Five Last-Minute Tips Improve the Fit of a Baggy Shirt
- Use a military tuck to tighten excess fabric and create a slimmer fit.
- Roll up the sleeves to trim too long or loose fitting fabric.
- Open the first two buttons for a more casual look (this makes a looser fitting shirt look less disheveled.)
How can I reduce my shirt size?
How To Shrink a T-shirt
- Step 1: Wash the shirt in the washing machine on HOT/HOT.
- Step 2: Dry the shirt on HIGH HEAT in the dryer.
- Step 1: Prepare the pot of boiling water.
- Step 2: Place the T-Shirt in the boiling water and turn off the heat.
- Step 3: Let the shirt sit for about 5 minutes.