Since shower curtains tend to be wider than drapery panels, you’ll be getting more bang for your buck when it comes to fullness, too. … No-sew tape could also be used for hemming, though depending on the size of your windows, you might need to sew two curtains together for length.
Can you turn a shower curtain into curtains?
You can do this two ways… buy two shower curtains and hang. Or one curtain and cut it in half! I literally just hot glued the edge that I cut and fold over and glue!
What can I do with old shower curtains?
9 Genius New Uses for Shower Curtains
- Weatherproof your outdoor pillows. …
- Block weeds from mulched beds. …
- Protect floors from baby spills. …
- Keep your derrière dry during a picnic. …
- Make a mini pool at the beach. …
- Stay dry when you camp. …
- Cover floors when you paint. …
- Give kids (and your table) a safe place for craft time.
Can you use shower curtains for outdoor curtains?
Consider using an inexpensive shower curtain or two to embellish your outdoor lounge. After all, many of them are waterproof and mildew-resistant, they already come with the holes that you’d need to create with grommets if you made your own, and most shower curtains have a weighted hem.
Can you use a shower rod for curtains?
1. Window Treatment. We’ll start with the most obvious, which is using a shower rod as a window treatment. … You don’t have to use it just as a make-shift curtain rod, although they are perfect for hanging or laying curtains when you don’t want to make holes in your walls or windows.
Can you put curtains in a bathroom?
Curtains are a perennially popular bathroom window treatment for good reason. They offer privacy and light control, but they also come in a wide range of fabrics and, if you’re a DIYer, are simple to make. … And bathrooms are small, making them perfect candidates for experimenting with colors and styles.
What can I use instead of a shower curtain?
Shower curtain alternatives include hemp, cotton, shower blinds, sliding doors, pivot doors, bamboo panels, half screens, and open showers. Each alternative has it’s own benefits and drawbacks and the one you choose depends on your personal situation.
Is a shower curtain waterproof?
Yes, like vinyl, polyester shower curtains are waterproof. While the majority of curtains repel water, it’s always best to check the label. Polyester, or microfibre, is particularly durable, lasts longer and is easily washed, either by hand or in a machine.
What can I do with my old shower curtain liner?
10 Impressive Ways To Reuse A Shower Curtain Liner
- As A Waterproof Bed Liner For Your Kids. …
- You Can Use Them To Make Produce Bags. …
- You Can Make Tote Bags With Your Shower Curtain Liner. …
- You Can Use Your Shower Curtain Liner For Stage Demarcation. …
- Use Shower Curtain Liner For Your Chair Cushion.
Can fabric shower curtains be used outdoors?
If you’ve hung a shower curtain in your bathroom, you can hang one on your patio. The only difference is that you might need to find something other than a shower curtain rod to mount your curtains on. Often, it will fit but larger porch sizes may have trouble mounting them.
How do you use a shower curtain in the garden?
It’s a pretty simple illusion to create. Just find a shower curtain that has the design you want – choose something outside like a nice street or a stairway and then add it to a fence or garden wall. One woman even added thin wooden bits to her curtain to create the illusion of an open door, complete with handles.
What is the difference between outdoor and indoor curtains?
So what’s the difference between indoor and outdoor curtains? Outdoor curtains and shades can absolutely be used indoors, but they are designed to be more durable and weather-resistant to withstand high winds, rain, direct sunlight, and even snow.
How much weight can a shower curtain hold?
This high-quality tension rod can hold up to 20 pounds and comes in brass and stainless steel finishes. It’s only available in a standard shower length of between 42 and 72 inches.
How can I hang curtains without drilling holes?
Put your drill and spackle aside, and let’s get started.
- Use 3M Command Hooks.
- Try Kwik-Hang Curtain Rod Brackets.
- Use Tension Rod Curtains.
- Get Creative With Coat Hooks.
- Try Magnetic Curtain Rods on Metal Doors.
- The #1 Way to Hang Curtains Without Wall Damage.
Can I use tension rod for curtains?
As long as the curtains are light enough, you should be able to hang them on a tension rod. Grommet curtains, rod-pocket curtains and tab-style curtains are particularly effective.